Monday 20 April 2020

Needing a top-up?

How are you today?  Are you like my Isla (pre home hair cut!) watching out the window and looking for her friends to pass by?  Her friends are the neighbour’s cat, a couple of squirrels, a pile of pigeons and a lot of very cheeky jackdaws! She is just wondering when we are all moving back out again! And she isn’t the only one.  Normally I would start back after my post Easter break with a coffee with Emma enjoying a child-free moment, then planning the coming weeks up to the summer.  So far today, I have helped the children with school work (which they did with great pleasure and enthusiasm 😜), 2 loads of washing, cooked lunch and dealt with a pile of correspondence.  I wanted to post something inspirational this morning on Facebook but I have to admit I was coming up empty.

So I took time in the sunshine space in the dining room before lunch to read God’s word and ponder with Him for a wee while instead.  I cannot offer anything from Him or about Him if my reserves are empty. And to be honest, without very regular topping up (and some better sleeping) I can’t offer anything.  As always though I find inspiration and connection in His word.  Paul writes in Romans 10 that by faith we are put right with God, by confession we are saved.  So please accept this as my confession and know that if you are struggling to put one word after another, never mind moving off the sofa - I am right there with you. And for those reading this wishing they could crash out on the sofa - God bless you in your activity and hard work, and we are rooting for you.

Paul knows what it is to be in prison, to be under lockdown - but he didn’t waste his time there. He used it for mission, for prayer, for encouraging others.  So if you are like me and not out there keeping the world turning in the NHS or stacking the shelves or emptying the bins or all the other roles we have often taken for granted, know that your time in lockdown doesn’t have to be wasted.

Let your hope keep you joyful,
be patient in your troubles,
and pray at all times.
Romans 12:12

God loves you. Rest in him, reconnect with Him and let the Spirit shine forth in your compassion and kindness today.

Peace be yours
Love Sarah
Find me on Facebook at Blantyre Old Parish Church if you want to add comments or prayer requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment