Thursday 2 July 2015

Flatpack Christians

It has been quite an exciting few days - crossing the ocean to the other side, thankfully with family in tow! And apparently we brought the cooler weather with us. Starting to wonder if I have a rain cloud attached!

We are living in a beautiful house full of character, and each house has its own character and design. I am sure there are housing estates where everyone lives in matching homes but I love the variety here. The floorboards creak, the furniture is beautifully worn - as in not flat packed - and there are trees out the back to rival ours back home. If I could design my own home this would certainly be a model for it.

The trip to America is an opportunity to learn, to explore, to see that the world is bigger than my wee world (though Jess (6) keeps asking if we can go for a walk to explore America.) It is also an opportunity to find out more about my God because I am well and truly relying on him. And he is reminding me that we don't need to be flat packed Christians, built up and flimsy. Just look at the disciples - full of character and personality, even quite temperamental. I keep apologising for my children for they are full of character and personality and Scottish "tell it like it is!" And yet I think perhaps they are more Christlike because even Jesus "told it like it was".

What did the psalmist say "I am wonderfully and fearfully made!" Let's embrace our variety and see what happens....


I am heading off to learn what Being Presbyterian means! ;)

Will post some photos soon.  We are all well and coping well with the tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment